ANS Task Force
June 12 - 14, 2018
Silver Spring, Maryland
The Meeting will be held in Room 4527 within Building 3 (SSMC3) at NOAA Headquarters
National Oceanic Atmospheric Administration (NOAA)
1315 East-West Highway, SSMC 3
Silver Spring, Maryland 20910
If you plan to attend, please register for the meeting at: https://goo.gl/forms/GdzPzuwKOlyi3pHG2
If you are not able to access the online registration page, please RSVP to Susan Pasko with your name, affiliation, and dates of attendance.
- A block of rooms have been reserved at the Courtyard Silver Spring Downtown at a group rate of $242/night, plus tax (if applicable).
- Breakfast is included in the room rate.
- Hotel Address: 8506 Fenton St, Silver Spring, MD 20910; Phone: (301) 589-4899
- The hotel is 0.6 miles from NOAA, or 10 minutes walk time
- To make a reservation use the following link: Book your group rate for FWU - ANSTF 2018
- Deadline for hotel reservations: May 30, 2018
Directions to NOAA
Traveling by Metro:
- Take the Red Line to Silver Spring.
- If you are coming from downtown Washington, DC, take the escalator steps toward the back of the train.
- If you’re coming South from Wheaton, take the escalator steps toward the front of the train.
From the I-495 Beltway:
- Take Beltway Exit 30-B (Route 29 South) to Silver Spring. This is Colesville Road.
- Follow Colesville Road in the center lane until you reach downtown Silver Spring and cross Georgia Avenue, then merge into the left lane.
- Go past the Metro Transit Center, the next street is East-West Highway, Route 410.
- Make a left at the light onto East-West Highway. At the third building with the “Hand” statue in front, make a left into the Garage.
- Take Beltway Exit 31-B (South to Georgia Avenue/Silver Spring).
- Follow Georgia Avenue down to Colesville Road.
- Make a right onto Colesville Road into the left lane.
- Go past the Metro Transit Center, then make a left at the next light onto East-West Highway. At the third building, with the “Hand” statue in front, make a left into the Garage.
From Washington DC/ Reagan National Airport:
- Take I-395 North to Washington.
- Take 12th Street Exit and turn right on 16th Street.
- Turn Right on Colesville Road at the traffic circle.
- Make a right at the light onto East-West Highway.
- At the third building with the “Hand” statue in front, make a left into the Garage.
From Baltimore, MD/ Baltimore Washington International Airport:
Take I-195 West to I-95 South. Take I-495 West To Silver Spring. Follow instructions above provided from the Beltway.